NAIOP members gave back to the community by volunteering their time on Monday, May 23, 2016 to help BackPack Beginnings to help them with their mission is to provide children in need with nutritious food, comfort items or certain basic necessities through the use of backpacks and other efficient means. Photos compliments of NAIOP member Madison Ridge-Canoy, US Lawns.
Archive for May, 2016
We had another packed house for the 2016 7th Annual Mayors Forum. Great discussion from Mayor Bencini (High Point), Mayor Joines (Winston-Salem) and Mayor Pro Tem Yvonne Johnson (Greensboro) on economic development plans to move the Triad forward. Some of the issues discussed included:
- planning and development ordinances that impact the real estate community
- promoting a “development” friendly reputation
- making the re-zoning process less intimidating
- how the Triad can attract industrial real estate users to our region
- the greatest threat to prospective local economic incentives
- Biggest obstacles for each Triad city over the next year
- the impact “Say Yes to Education” will have on Guilford County
and much more. Thank you to Ollie Chandhok, Publisher and President, The Triad Business Journal for moderating. Event was sponsored by: Frank L. Blum Construction Co, Davis Martin Powell & Associates, GEMCAP Companies, Linville | Team Partners, S&ME, Inc., Smith Leonard. Weaver Cooke | Kirkland.